This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all Kenya laws and requirements for user privacy.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your email address or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you subscribe to a newsletter or enter information on our site.
This website operates an email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this website. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with Kenya Communications Laws detailed in the Kenya Information and Communications Act, 1998. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Laws. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people outside of the company that operates this website. Under the Kenya Information and Communications Act, 1998 you may request a copy of personal information held about you by this website’s email newsletter program. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the business address at the bottom of this policy.
Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity [this is by no far a comprehensive list].
This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
In compliance Kenya Information and Communications Act, 1998, subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to un-subscribe will by detailed instead.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use the information to send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
We do not use an SSL certificate. We only provide articles and information, we never directly ask for personal or private information like email addresses, or credit card numbers.
How do we protect your information?
We have put in place the following security procedures and technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information: The site does not store or record any personal or sensitive user information.
The only information recorded about a user is activity on the site (Google Analytics, which is anonymous), and if they sign up using the subscribe form, which sends the information directly via email to the email specified by Kibo for this, not storing this on the site at any point.
We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website, with links to such third parties’ websites. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website.
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note that they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any loss, damages, expenses or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and risk, and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
We use Google Analytics on our website.
Google uses first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions as they relate to our website, demographics and interests reporting.
Users can set preferences to opt out from being tracked by Google Analytics by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
According to Consumer Protection Act, 2012 we agree to the following:
• Users can visit our site anonymously.
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honour do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third party behavioural tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third party behavioural tracking.
Kenya Information and Communications (Consumer Protection) Regulations, 2010
The Kenya Information and Communications (Consumer Protection) Regulations, 2010 prohibit the unsolicited use of emails and other automated calling systems for purposes of direct marketing without the prior consent of the subscriber and spells out the penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients.
To be in accordance with the Kenya Information and Communications (Consumer Protection) Regulations, 2010 we agree to the following:
• NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses;
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way;
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters;
• Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used;
• Honour opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly; and
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email, where such link is provided.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email, and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
How to contact Kibo Africa Ltd
Kibo Africa Limited
P.O Box 26366 – 00504
Terms & Conditions
These terms of service apply to use of services provided by Kibo Africa Ltd. Use of Kibo’s services constitutes acceptance and agreement to these Terms of Service.
This website has been prepared with greatest possible care. Nevertheless, Kibo Africa Ltd cannot guarantee the correctness, completeness and accuracy of the information. Kibo Africa Ltd is not the author of the content posted on the website by third parties. Kibo Africa Ltd tries to monitor the content, but does not accept any responsibility for the content published by third parties or the correctness of third parties’ contributions or discussions and the opinions conveyed therein. All liability for any loss or damage resulting directly or indirectly from the use of this website is herewith excluded.
Users may not use the Kibo site for any purpose which violates international law or any of the laws of Kenya.
The User agrees that it shall defend, indemnify, save and hold harmless Kibo Africa Ltd, its agents, customers, users, officers and employees, from any and all demands, liabilities, losses, costs, damages, proceedings and claims (including reasonable attorney’s fees) that may arise or result from:
• Any service provided or performed or agreed to be performed by a User.
• Any product sold or otherwise distributed by a User.
• Any material supplied by the User in violation or allegedly in violation of any third-party intellectual property rights including, but not limited to copyright infringement, trademark violation and trade secret violation.
• Inaccuracy of any information provided by the User including, but not limited to, libel, misrepresentation and false advertising.
• Any User’s use of the Kibo Africa Ltd website in an unlawful manner or in a manner which is in violation of Kibo Africa Ltd’s Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policies.
We are not responsible for any use you make of our services. In addition you agree to indemnify us against any of the effects of your use or misuse of our services, or claims resulting from that use or misuse.
Kibo Africa Ltd reserves the right to revise its policies at any time. The revised policies and/or Terms and Conditions will be posted on the website as soon as they are revised. These Terms and Conditions were last updated on 29th August 2017.
If any part of these terms and conditions or any associated Acceptable Use Policies shall be held invalid or unenforceable, this shall not affect the enforceability of any other part of these terms and conditions and Acceptable Use Policies.
Prohibited Uses of Kibo’s Systems and Services
The following activities are prohibited:
1. Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorisation, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
2. Transmission, distribution or storage of any adult material. This includes, without limitation, all pornography or otherwise lewd or obscene content.
3. Sending Unsolicited Bulk Messages (“spam”). The sending of spam from another service provider advertising a web site, email address or utilising any resource hosted on Kibo’s servers, is prohibited. Kibo User accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from, or collect replies to, messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this Policy or that of the other provider. This prohibition of Unsolicited Bulk Messaging applies to any and all forms of delivery including, but not limited to, email, usenet, any form of instant messaging, and VOIP. It also includes postings to web sites such as forums, blogs, bulletin boards and wikis.
4. Impersonating another person or misrepresenting authorisation to act on behalf of others. All messages transmitted via Kibo’s servers must correctly identify the sender and origin of the message. Users may not alter or attempt to disguise the attribution of origin in email messages, usenet posting, website posting, or any other message.
5. Unauthorised attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user.
6. Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
7. Unauthorised access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information of any Kibo customers or end-users by any means or device.
8. Knowingly engaging in any activities designed to harass, or that will cause a denial-of-service to any User whether on the Kibo network or on another provider’s network.
9. Using Kibo’s Services to interfere with the use of the Kibo network by other customers or authorised users.
10. Giving unrestricted access to our resources to untrusted users or unauthorised persons.
11. Storing material on our servers that is not for the primary purpose of display on the Kibo website, and associated email functions. This includes, without limitation, storing backup data unrelated to Kibo articles and emails or storing personal music or video collections.
Kibo Africa limited assembles motorcycles, sells motorcycles, spare parts, gears and accessories, and provides aftersales service to our customers that exceeds customer needs and expectations.
To achieve this:
- KAL has established core values that apply to all management decisions. These core values are:
- The quality management system (QMS) is based on the ISO 9001:2015 standard and KAL are fully committed to complying with applicable legal & other requirements and to continually improve the effectiveness of our system through constant top management reviews and oversight.
- KAL shall compliment the formal management reviews with internal audits, extensive training and aggressive risk management and corrective action programs that includes cross functional root cause analysis and problem resolution.
- KAL shall ensure that all of our employees are trained in quality management methods and are provided with the resources required to ensure that such methods are effectively implemented.
KAL shall maintain the integrity of the system by establishing SMART quantitative and quality objectives based on operational metrics which will be monitored, measured, analysed and reviewed by employees who are held accountable for the results.